You might think that choosing to stop smoking will be stressful and difficult so keep putting it off as long as you can. I see this in my clients a lot. A part of them knows how much they need to stop smoking, but another part just doesn’t get it – or doesn’t care. This is a nasty trick nicotine plays on a smoker’s brain and if it remains unaddressed, it can keep people smoking for the rest of their lives. A good stop smoking hypnotherapist in London can skillfully guide you to pay attention to your inner experience so you can understand what’s really going on, but often, people report feeling certain things even unprompted. And in fact, Not everyone feels intense fear or resistance about the prospect of stopping smoking: some smokers might find they naturally reach a point where they feel naturally drawn to stop smoking all by themselves. This might indicate the subconscious has started a natural cleansing and maturing process – this sometimes happens to people after a major life change or event, like a bereavement, for example.
Signs you might be ready to stop smoking or vaping for good
Here are some clues to look out for:
- You don’t feel you’re really enjoying smoking anymore when you do it, even if you carry on instinctively doing it because you’ve done it for a long time.
- You are bored of the voice in your head that always prompts you to smoke.
- You’ve noticed this voice has started to recede: it is much quieter and speaks less frequently than it used to.
- You find you just aren’t drawn to smoke in situations you always have done. You hesitate, before lighting up reluctantly.
- You have started to appreciate and enjoy the things you used to only enjoy with cigarettes without smoking, or are enjoying a wider variety of things you used to. Sometimes during a major life change, people find they naturally re-evaluate their lives and find their priorities and sense of self evolving.
If you’ve started to notice any of these, then doing a smoking cessation hypnosis might accelerate your natural smoking cessation and support you as you step in to a happier, healthier life.
Stop smoking hypnotherapist London
I started offering smoking cessation hypnosis in 2017 and have since helped many smokers permanently break free from their smoking addiction so they can live healthy, happy lives and look forward to a happier future. I work in Camden, and Holborn, Central London, seeing clients from London and the surrounding areas. I also work online, which allows me to work with clients from all over the UK.
If something in this article resonates and you are considering trying hypnotherapy to stop smoking in London, then book a Discovery call so I can find out more about you and work out whether I could help you.